Net vs. Gross FiTs

Photovoltaic-promotion, lenders, efficiency, taxes as well as all about photovoltaic-insurances

Moderator: Mod-Team

Net vs. Gross FiTs

Postby eleh » 09.06.2012, 20:32

It is my understanding that Germany used a Gross FiT up until the latest revision of the FiT rules. Starting April 1st, you now only get the FiT (19.5 ct/kWh) on the production that is fed back into the grid. This payment structure is a Net FiT. The portion you self-consume isn't accounted for anymore - except with respect to the proposed requirement for you to self-consume at least 20% of your total production.

Can anyone confirm this about gross vs. net FiT rules. Does anyone happen to have a cheat-sheet of the new fit rule changes that happens to mention the transition from Gross to Net Fits? Is there a specific term in German that describes gross and net fits? I'm trying netto and brutto but these terms are not leading me to what I'm looking for.
eleh
Tribe member
Tribe member

- Thread starter -

Info: operator

Re: Net vs. Gross FiTs

Postby valentino » 26.06.2012, 11:49

Hi eleh,

it's not clear what you mean.
FIT in Germany is alway NET (when it comes to tax) and has ever been. You get FIT for 80% of you production. Or do you mean, that 80% equal "net" whereas 100% would equal "gross"?
It is possible to sell the 20% that don't get FIT at the german electricity exchange or you self-consume it. Thats up to you.

Attached a PDF (unfortunately only in German) that sums up the latest FIT-changes in Germany.

hope we could help you.

regards
valentino
valentino
Support

Info: prospect

Postby eleh » 27.06.2012, 00:01

Sorry for the confusion. I read this paper and it got me thinking and I wanted to make sure I understood the FiT rules in Germany.

http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/38861/2/ ... _38861.pdf
eleh
Tribe member
Tribe member

- Thread starter -

Postby valentino » 27.06.2012, 08:24

Sorry,

I didn't attach the pdf-file I mentioned in my previous post.
Here it is:
http://www.solarwirtschaft.de/fileadmin ... ammenf.pdf

unfortunately it's german. But on page 2 you'll find a table that shows the FIT-changes from April 1st.

As I read in your attached pdf-link it's a question between gross vs. net contribution. FIT is payed net over here. Hope this helps you out?!

kind regards
valentino
valentino
Support

Postby eleh » 28.06.2012, 01:18

I will take a look at the pdf. What I was trying to clarify with my question was whether Germany used a Net or a Gross fit. I was 99% sure that Germany used a Net Fit currently but I was also trying to confirm that Germany used a Gross FiT in the past. So prior to 2009 Germany used a straight Gross FiT. In 2009 self-consumption bonuses used introduced so it wasn't really a Gross FiT anymore but it wasn't a Net FiT either - it was more of a transitional hybrid FiT. And now as of April Germany finally has what you would call (or what an academic would call) a Net FiT. Thanks for the help.
eleh
Tribe member
Tribe member

- Thread starter -

Postby valentino » 29.06.2012, 10:49

ok, hope you could get your questions answered. If not, just let us know. We will keep on trying to find the answer. :)
valentino
Support

Return to Finances, taxes and insurances