Energy Management System

Everything regarding PV, that does not fit one of the other topics

Moderator: Mod-Team

Re: Energy Management System

Postby eleh » 09.07.2013, 01:09

Your numbers look reasonable.

I don't understand your question about how are PV systems built in Canada. Mostly the same way as they are in Germany as far as I know. We don't have a 70% rule but similar besides that.
eleh
Tribe member
Tribe member

- Thread starter -

Info: operator

Postby Sunpower managment » 09.07.2013, 06:52

Sorry, i mean, how is the "PV System" build up in relation to feed-in tariff, current price(s) and also your heating costs for oil or gas?

Is it similar like in germany, that the monthly jeed-in tariff decreases ?

Look, in germany we pay nearly 1 €UR for 1 liter Oil or Gas. You can get of 1 liter oil 10 KW heat power.
It means 1 KW heat power cost with Oil or Gas 0,10 EUR .

If you use a heat pump with COP3 and PV energy, the 1 KW heat power costs in autumn 2013 (0,14 EUR / 3) =
0,046 €UR You see, you can reduce heating costs 50 percent in relation to oil or gas.

Even with the monthly less feed-in tariffs this solution is more and more interesting.

If the feed-in tariffs is shrinking to 0,10 EUR you can use only an immersion heater to make also economically hot water. Then, you also "pay" for 1 KW = 0,10 EUR
You can install it for support oil or gas heating to safe fossil fuels and reduction of CO2.

You have the same effect like solar thermal only without high investment for such a system and if it is really cold but also sunny, you can use it. Solar thermal energy looks bad because its freezing cold.

Greetz
Sunpower managment

Info: Solar Engineer

Postby eleh » 21.07.2013, 08:00

We don't have a Feed-in Tariff here. Only Ontario has a FiT. I've thought of installing a system but I only have room for 2 panels so it would be more for hobby than income.

In Western Canada we have lots of hydroelectric power plants which makes electricity cheap. Unfortunately even when electricity is cheap it's expensive to heat a home with resistance heaters.

I understand the match on how the economics of heat pumps work.
eleh
Tribe member
Tribe member

- Thread starter -

Info: operator

Previous

Return to Misc

Similar Posts