PV is getting cheaper and cheaper

Postby eggis » 07.09.2011, 13:53

eggis

- Thread starter -

PV-Anlage [kWp]: 6,9
Info: operator

Re: PV is getting cheaper and cheaper

Postby pseudoruprecht » 07.09.2011, 15:15

"PV is getting cheaper and cheaper" - aha!

Does this really belong here at PV-News? More like PV-Facts! :wink:
pseudoruprecht
Tribe member
Tribe member

Info: prospect

Postby valentino » 08.09.2011, 07:40

Anyway. Good for consumers! :D
valentino
Support

Postby valentino » 19.09.2011, 08:01

Berkeley Lab’s (Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory) sees falling PV system costs according to its fourth annual PV cost tracking report "Tracking the sun".

Interesting in this report is, that not only module costs have decreased in the past 1 1/2 years, but costs for inverters, mounting, etc., too.

regards valentino
valentino
Support

Postby english lad » 23.09.2011, 01:40

PV is getting cheaper, sounds good!
Only problem in the UK: no body has been told.
My latest quote for a 30kwp barn roof system (for private use) which came yesterday was for EUR 2,777.54 per Kwp. That's if I sign and pay up EUR20,000.00 now as a deposit of the EUR80,000.00 for a promised installation date in January/February!
If I add EUR14,000.00 for a transformer upgrade and consider that I'd be getting a mortgage for the whole sum, I can't help but getting the feeling that every body else but myself will be profiting from this!
I've had quotes from Germany for all the material incl. shipping to UK for around EUR40,000.00
How comes it costs over EUR 40,000.00 to install the thing in the UK? Or what don't I get?
If any body out there can make me a sensible offer for an MCS accredited array please come forward and contact me.
Could do most of preparation myself.
Looking forward hearing from you guys!
english lad

Postby lzqcarter » 23.09.2011, 09:48

Good news. More consumers can afford it. Wish more people could benefit from the sun.
Carter

ZG-CELLS CO., LTD
www.zg-cells.com
MSN:lzqcarter@hotmail.com,E-mail:carter@zg-cells.com
ADD:908/F, South Building, Huiyin Plaza, No.2088 Huashan Rd., Shanghai, China
lzqcarter

Info: manufacturer

Postby valentino » 23.09.2011, 19:57

english lad wrote:My latest quote for a 30kwp barn roof system (for private use) which came yesterday was for EUR 2,777.54 per Kwp. That's if I sign and pay up EUR20,000.00 now as a deposit of the EUR80,000.00 for a promised installation date in January/February!
If I add EUR14,000.00 for a transformer upgrade and consider that I'd be getting a mortgage for the whole sum, I can't help but getting the feeling that every body else but myself will be profiting from this!
I've had quotes from Germany for all the material incl. shipping to UK for around EUR40,000.00
How comes it costs over EUR 40,000.00 to install the thing in the UK? Or what don't I get?
If any body out there can make me a sensible offer for an MCS accredited array please come forward and contact me.
Could do most of preparation myself.

Hello english lad and welcome to the board.
The price difference between Germany and the UK kind of surprises me (at least this big difference). In late August a system for a construction kit has been offered for EUR 1,199 per kWp in the german board . Admittedly this was for no name modules from China as I remember. But anyway: Nowadays you can get your PV-System for EUR 2,300 kWp (and far below if you cut quality of the modules/inverters).

I will try to find out what's the reason for this case. But I can imagine - at a first glance - that this belongs to a lower demand in the UK compared to Germany. So fixed cost degression in Germany is higher than in the UK (because more modules are asked for and actually sold over here). I guess if demand for pv increases in the UK, prices will drop.

So don't hesitate to contact me if you find out more or have further questions.

sunny greetings from Germany
valentino
valentino
Support

Postby valentino » 23.09.2011, 20:04

lzqcarter wrote:Good news. More consumers can afford it. Wish more people could benefit from the sun.

Hello lzqcarter and welcome to the board
I guess (and hope) they will in the future. Awareness of pv (and of renewables in general) is increasing all over the world.

Hey I would be happy to read a comment from you regarding pv and how you see them developing in your country. This would be the right place to post it.

So we hope you enjoy our community. Have fun! :)

sunny regards from Germany
valentino
valentino
Support

Postby valentino » 27.09.2011, 07:27

Due to oversupply in the past 12 months prices are expected to keep falling according to Solarbuzz

Unbenannt.PNG

Source and full article: pv-magazine.com

kind regards valentino
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
valentino
Support

Postby valentino » 19.12.2011, 13:29

Today PV Magazine reports on their website, that pv prices in previous analysis have been set to high.

Three main reasons for this fact are:
1. average module costs were used, so the costs were too high. Prices fell rapidly during the last few months, so that the prices in a average of 5 years are set to high.
2. lifetime of modules (expected with 20 years) is way to short. Assuming around 30 years would be better
3. wrong degradation rates. they were assumed between 1 and 5%. But they were closer to 0.1 or 0.2%

The following graph shows the development of module prices
Unbenannt.PNG

regards valentino
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
valentino
Support

Return to PV-News